Blogger Templates

Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Gentle Giant

CLANG CLANG CLANG for Titus Brown, a linebacker,  who scooped a fumble and ran 43 yards for a touchdown last night in an NFL preseason game. Not sure, but I am thinking that he might have had the longest run of the night for the Cleveland Browns.

I had the privilege of meeting Titus after State's victory at the Liberty Bowl in 2007. The defense he led had just handcuffed some running back who had been running free all season. It was a hard fought physical ballgame. Checky (my husband) and I were having a late dinner when this BIG guy walked in all smiles.  Somebody spoke to him and called him Titus and all the sudden I was seeing a star.  So all of my five feet and 1 inches walked up to this BIG guy and said "I just want to thank you for how much fun it was tonight. I know you guys have spent a lot of time in preparation this season that wasn't fun. I have been a faithful Bulldog for 44 years and it hasn't always been fun. BUT I want you to know that you made tonight FUN! (and just think... this was BEFORE Boobie announced to the world that those bowl games were FUN FUN FUN) Hope I am not bothering you .... thank you for the evening.  The big guy just looked down with the sweetest little boy look and said awhhhh and gave me a big hug.  IT WAS SO GREAT!!

Wish I could have been there to tell him how wonderful I think his first professional touchdown is.  It will just have to do that I am clanging a bell for big Titus - who was a gentle giant one night in Memphis to some fanatic MSU Bulldog.  CLANG CLANG

No comments:

Post a Comment